Sacha inchi, an Amazonian plant, has been discovered to be the richest vegetable source of the essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6, that protect the heart and lower cholesterol.
The plant is depicted on pottery found buried in Inca and pre-Inca tombs, so people in the region must have known about sacha inchi for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Sacha inchi contains 48% Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids (olive or soy oil only contain 8%). Also, because of its makeup, it is the most easily digestible vegetable oil.
Here are the advantages of the Sacha Inchi or Inca Inchi Oil:
- Inca Inchi oil is easy to digest while fish oil is less so.
- Inca Inchi oil has a better flavour and aroma than fish oil. It was awarded the gold medal at the international WEO 2004 competition in Paris.
- Inca Inchi oil does not cause the acidity and irritation that fish oil does.
- Inca Inchi oil does not cause intestinal gases like fish oil.
- Inca Inchi oil has a high proportion of essential fatty acids (84.41%) while fish oil has a very small essential fatty acid content 3%.
- Inca Inchi oil has a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids (93.69%), fish oil contains less unsaturated fatty acids (65%).
- Inca Inchi oil has the lowest saturated fat content (6.39%), while fish oil has a high saturated fat content (40%).
- Inca Inchi oil is metabolised by the human body for its own needs, whereas fish oil is metabolised by fish for the needs of the fish.
- Inca Inchi oil has more physiological functions in the human body than fish oil.
- Inca Inchi oil is consumed raw. It is obtained from the first cold pressing and it is virgin and not refined. Whereas, fish oil for human consumption is extracted and refined at high temperature using solvents and chemicals.
- Inca Inchi oil contains important natural antioxidants such as alpha-tocopherol vitamin E, vitamin C carotenoids and thus, unlike fish oil, does not require artificial preservatives to be added.
- Inca Inchi oil is an organic, biological product. Whereas, fish oil is exposed to contamination in the sea like dioxide, mercury, benzopyrenes and others.
- Because Inca Inchi oil is a vegetable oil, it contains no cholesterol. Whereas, fish oil does contain cholesterol.
If you are interested to purchase Sacha Inchi Oil products, click here —> Sacha Inchi Oil
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. And these products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.